Friday, September 2, 2011

"Let there be (LED) light"

I mean no disrespect to the man (or woman) upstairs; I am just dang proud of a recently completed boat project.  My proudness stems from the fact that I have absolutely no DIY skills.  Here, I replaced all of the old interior incandescent lights and fixtures with new LEDs from Seasense*.  On a 1 to 10 complexity scale, this probably was a 2 or 3, but I was still intimidated.  Also, in addition to a screwdriver, I had to use a drill which really raised the stakes …
The plan was to replace five of these guys:

With five of these guys:


Before:



After:

Needless to say, I am very happy with the result.  The difference in light is HUGE and the clarity of the light just makes the boat feel “cleaner.”  Three of the five lights are white/red combination (two of which are in the v-birth) to help with night vision.  The success of this project has also given me a bit of confidence, so I am already planning the next one.  Stay tuned... 
*Purchased from iboats.com.

No comments: